Friday, June 23, 2006

Engineer Aseem Shakuntal

There are many things in life which do not come exactly as they should. I mean to say that sometimes, something happens and then, you are sure of its result and start celebrating.

Things like…

Your wife becomes pregnant and you know that you’ve become a daddy now, but then surety of this sure thing is not one hundred percent sure. I don’t want to be the pessimistic weasel out here, but I just said that once your wife gets pregnant does not mean that you are a daddy now…

Hey!! I did not tell you to think on second thoughts. I meant that something just might happen, something unwanting which would lead to some other thing unwanting and finally, you are not a daddy anymore. I hope you understand what crap I wrote above.

In fact I could not find a better example than this. But yes, I can site some more I guess. But I won’t.

Let me come straight to the point why I wrote the above “CRAP”.

Well well well…

Now I am no more Aseem Shakuntal. Now, I am an engineer, officially and this official thing would be more official once I get my degree in my hands in my convocation. Well, the convocation is a distant thing at this time I guess.

It was may the 24th, when I had my final presentations and then I started merry making that now I was an engineer. But the results were not out. It was today that my results are out and that now, I am “Er. Aseem Shakuntal”.

So, now could you follow why I wrote the above crap of that daddy thing? Well… these days I am on vacations, enjoying priceless moments I am spending with my family. But I must confess a few things as well…

  • I am missing my college like hell.

  • My college days were so nice!

  • Those good ‘ol days…

  • I am missing my friends.

  • I am missing my student life coz I am no more a student now.

Hey, but I contradicted myself here. It was sometime back that I myself wrote that at the University of Life, admission is open to all and that all of us are students. But, here I am talking about something different. Something that has a special place in our heart… our college… my college… my alma mater…

And yes I am missing it badly. And I am glad to say that those college days were the best days of my life.

After all, they not only taught me many things at this University of life, but I am happy that I have earned a few good life long friends here, that I fell into love, that I cherish every moment I spent here. Some sweet, some sour, some bitter, some better!

But that’s what life is… isn’t it?

That is what life is, “ZINDAGI”

1 comment:

Joy Forever said...

Congrats on becoming an engineer Aseem. You will get your degree before I do. :-)
However, it was a very unfortunate decision on the university's part to invite only top 10 students to the convocation.
You can read my take on the issue here.