Monday, June 05, 2006

ANYWAYS.. the poem

It was just kind of like a nostalgic feeling…
With every one of us grooming, for the “big day” that is coming…

But there is something that can’t stop me from thinking
Oh yeah! My funny, stupid-et-all times college days are ending!

From Classes to canteen, from lectures to mass bunks
Every moment of “it”…

And now, I can’t breathe…
Coz the memories are so breathtaking!

the Hostel…
it was so fun-filled

Anyways, I would miss the fun that remained.

my Friends…
it was so caring

Anyways, I won’t try to find such friends again!

our Classroom…
gosh! It was so boring

Anyways, I would love to be back into it again!

the insti-roof-top, the library, the staircases, the lift…
I just wish to be an integral part of it.

the life…
it was so smooth

Anyways, It had to be hectic some day!

the love…
it stamped indelibly in my heart

Anyways, I won’t fall for it again!

It all was simply so good!

Anyways, I realize that nothing in this world remains…

Heading for the big day!!!
“It” coming to an end…

Hey!
Did you see the emotions topple?
Did you see the eyes getting wet?
Did your heart beat like it never did?
Did you feel like little nostalgic?

Well, I did!

Heading for this big day…
I learnt a grammar lesson

I found the present tense, and the past… perfect!

I wasn’t what I used to be.
“It” wasn’t what “it” used to be.

Anyways…

One can’t live in past.
It is just that I am little nostalgic, about the best days of my life…

Anyways…



-aseem shakuntal

(in love with the word anyways… which has a special capability to “kind of” restore the things back to what they were not, but what they could tend to be in future… )

1 comment:

Autumn Storm said...

Nostalgia, just that word makes a person nostalgic. You're right, everything is fluid, nothing stays the same, but the beauty of it all is we get to take everything with us as we move on, all those wonderful memories.
Nicely done!!!
Hope you have a great week, x